Share Your News and Photos with Elder McBride at: Samuel.McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 9, 2017

January 9, 2017 Baptism!

Hey Family,

We had such a great week this week. J--- got baptized yesterday! The service was pretty great.  You should have heard his testimony afterwards. I've never taught somebody so prepared in my entire life. One of our investigators showed up just after the ordinance was performed, but he came in time to hear J---'s testimony which was centered on his powerful witness of the Book of Mormon. It was a special experience for me because I know that he received that testimony from God and not me. It is amazing to see people change because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

My prayers will be with Ike that the surgery goes well. And happy birthday Cole!!!!!!! How in the world are you 14 already!? Max and I are going to get home and you'll be able to beat us up. 

I loved reading through your talk notes Mom. It sounded like it would've been a good one. I have to give my second talk in Sacrament Meeting of my mission. It's on Elder Bednar's talk from the April conference about always retaining a remission of your sins.  It's pretty perfect timing because J--- will be confirmed that day as well, so I will have some pretty great examples to use. I'm trying to figure out the tie in to missionary work with an invitation, if you have any ideas send me my way. 

I love you and am praying for you.

Con Amor,
Elder Sam McBride

From the mind of Elder Sam McBride 
Typed (mostly) by the hands of William Smith

Elder Mackintosh got special permission to come back for the baptism. Also Elder Tabor (the one on my left in the group picture) was the missionary I was on a split with when we set his baptismal date. He just so happens to be Elder Mackintosh's current companion. The fourth missionary is my companion Elder Krzymowski (pronounced kshmovski).


No comments:

Post a Comment