Share Your News and Photos with Elder McBride at: Samuel.McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017 Slow But Solid Week

Hey Family,

We had a pretty unremarkable week this week. It wasn't bad, but there weren't a whole lot of "things to write home about" (haha it's funny because it's literal). 


In my studies I've been learning a whole lot about the Atonement. What a wonderful gift!? We don't have to be perfect to be saved in the kingdom of God. Sometimes in my life I've, in Joseph Smith's words, "felt condemned for my weakness and imperfections".  It led to a lot of internal anguish and a never ending feeling of inadequacy and self-doubt. While I've learned and experienced the Atonement of Jesus Christ, I've come to know that the whole reason for the Gospel is to make it so we don't have to feel that way. Through faith in Jesus Christ and repentance we can let the Savior take those feelings from us. He picks up the slack when we've done all that we can do. Therefore I don't have to be perfect. I just have to try. There is no reason to make myself miserable when I mess up. "Let these things trouble you no more, and only let your sins trouble you, with that trouble which shall bring you down unto repentance." Any extra sorrow beyond the sorrow necessary for repentance is not from God. And the beautiful thing is that with agency we can choose to rid ourselves of Satan's influence. God is good. 

Love you family have a great week.

Con Amor,
Elder Sam McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment