Share Your News and Photos with Elder McBride at: Samuel.McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017 We have 1 more member of the church

Hey Family,

We had such a great week. Zone conferences are done. We had the last one on Thursday in Manhattan. They are such great spiritual experiences, but they are quite a marathon. Now it's onto the tough part for President. Having 190+ personal interviews with missionaries 2 weeks


J--- is doing great. He was confirmed yesterday! Our Bishop was the one who performed it. The Ward is so excited to have him. After his confirmation and the sacrament I gave my talk. I think it went pretty well. It was kind of a rough start because one of the younger young women from the Ward was supposed to speak before me, but she was too shy and embarrassed to give her talk so, after a few uncomfortable minutes, I got the nod from a member of the bishopric to go first. I had never seen something like that happen before.  We hope she doesn't feel to bad. 

We had another cool experience after church was over. We helped an 80 year old man that Elder Mackintosh & I had worked with, who had recently been ordained an Elder, exercise his Melchizedek Priesthood for the first time. He did an anointing. It was a really cool experience for me because since he was having trouble remembering the words to say (partly because he was so nervous) I got to whisper it to him. I felt like a proud parent helping a man take his first couple of steps as an Elder. He's such a great man. 

I'm so happy to hear Isaac is doing well. I'll be praying that his recovery goes well. Thank you so much for all that you do for me!

Con Amor,
Elder Sam McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment