Share Your News and Photos with Elder McBride at: Samuel.McBride@myldsmail.net

Friday, September 4, 2015

September 2, 2015 Sick Week!

So... 2 weeks ago some of the sisters in our zone got sick and then it spread to Elder Gallego and my District Leader then it came to my other Zone Leader, Elder Smith, and I. We got sick and had to spend the entire day in the apartment. Our companions got permission from the Bishop to bring us the sacrament, thank goodness, so at least we got to do that. We have felt pretty bad every since but we're feeling a lot better today so hopefully soon everything will be back to normal.

We had a super fun ward barbecue at this park along the
Hudson.  It was super pretty I took a sub par picture of a beautiful view.  I'll put that on this email. We played volleyball in full proselyting clothes and ate a ton of food.
We found some awesome people these last few days so we'll see if we can get some people progressing and coming to church. We're having some pretty good success with some of the less active members of our ward, which some say is just as important.


Sorry this is kind of short there's not a whole lot to update you guys on.  I'll add another picture that Elder Gallego and Elder Smith took one day when I forgot my IPad in the apartment, to make up for it.  They're making some pretty funny faces, but hey they took it so I'm at no fault for sending it to you guys. I love you all so much and hope
that you have a good week.  Enjoy taking the sacrament.  It's one of the highlights of my week.

Con Amor,


Elder Sam McBride



Hacked by Elder Gallego

Pretty Park Along the Hudson

A special little note for the little bros:

Cole, it's great to hear from you! I hope schools going great. Take advantage of it and try hard especially in the advanced classes I wish I had stayed in those for longer. Having weight lifting during school is awesome I'm jealous, taking a weight lifting class is so much better than doing it on your own. It's hilarious that you guys have been having so many parties, sounds like fun. 

So, for the story that I told Ike I would write in your letter. We were over at a members house yesterday waiting for her to finish cooking so we could teach her a lesson I tried to talk to her son who was sitting on the computer and playing his DS. When I tried to talk to him my companion leaned over and told me that he never talks to us so I might as well not even try, so I gave up for a few minutes until a little later I realized he was on a Pokemon website. So I started talking with him about Pokemon and how I played a ton with my little brothers a few years ago. He was super excited and showed me his pokedex. It was pretty cool, his mom is a super solid member, but he's never even really talked to the missionaries.  So congrats, you helped me get to know someone that traditional doesn't like the missionaries, you guys are awesome! I love you Cole, have fun, make good friends, don't burn yourself out in school before it even really matters, don't sweat the small stuff if you don't learn that now you'll learn it on your mission, and always always thank God for your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment