Share Your News and Photos with Elder McBride at: Samuel.McBride@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September 9, 2015 Short But Sweet

I don't have a whole lot to update you on this week other than that I'm not sick anymore (Yay), but we did have a couple cool experiences this Sunday

On Saturday we met with a less active couple who we've been working with pretty much since I've been here. The husband is a very talkative person so the lessons are usually mostly him talking about something he's recently read or some topic that we brought up at the beginning, and then we ended by teaching the principle we wanted to teach and then bearing testimony. After a particularly scattered discussion it was almost time for us to go so we bore our testimonies.  It was one of those times when the words just kind of came out making sense in Spanish without really having to struggle too much. After we bore our testimonies, the wife started talking, which she rarely does, and told us the the real reason that they haven't been going to church for all this time. We were able to address some of the concerns that they had had and reassure them. And the next day, They Came! It was great! The last time he came was more than a year ago and we don't even know the last time she came was. It was a straight up miracle.
On top of them coming to church, a member who is visiting from the Dominican Republic for a week brought her brother and his wife to church who aren't members and live in our area. They are awesome.  We're meeting them tonight, because the sister that's a member is going home tomorrow, and we want her to be there for the first lesson. It was like two great investigators just appeared out of thin air, such a great blessing. 


Next Wednesday we have transfers though, so there's a chance I'll be gone to continue teaching them, but it's
doubtful because my companion has been in this area for a really long time so if anyone's leaving it'll probably be him. But there's a chance that next week I could be emailing from someplace totally different or I could be with a different companion. 


Transfers are fun. It's like every six weeks you start another semester at school, meeting new people, changing up your routine, maybe getting a new roommate, and every once in awhile go to a totally different place. Exciting haha. 

Time really feels like it's flying I'm already past the 20 months left mark and I feel like it was just yesterday that I got to the MTC. Crazy.
I got those Book of Mormons, Books of Mormon, or copies of the Book of Mormon (however you say it) from the young women of the ward. Tell them thanks. I'm not sure when I'll be able to hand them out because most of the time we just give out Spanish copies but if I don't give them out in the next week or so I'll give them to the English Sisters in our zone and they'll be able to get them to somebody awesome.

Sorry for the short email I didn't really have a ton to say this week. I hope you have a great week and that everybody will stay safe, healthy and happy. I love you!

Con Amor,


Elder Sam McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment