Share Your News and Photos with Elder McBride at: Samuel.McBride@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017 My Emails Are Numbered

Hey Family,

Thanks for sending some questions they are going to help me a lot. So, my companion is Elder Newbold from Wilton California which is a suburb of Elk Grove California which is a suburb of Sacramento California. He tells people he's from Sacramento. He's been out a little more than a year and has never left the city. He's pretty awesome. His trainer and one of his trainees are two of my best Mission buddies that I've never been companions with, Elder Tabor & Elder Davis.

Speaking of Elder Davis, I went on a split with him this week. He's from Houston Texas and just passed his 3rd anniversary of his baptism.  He's the coolest, I'll send you a video. We had a pretty interesting week. On Wednesday we went on a split with the Harlem YSA Elders. It was awesome, their ward covers my old area in Inwood so we got some Dominican food for old times sake and even got to see a member that used to go to my old ward but is now going to the YSA. It was a great split.

The next day we started a split with some Elders in my district. The Elder I was with, Elder Clark, is a super scout. By super I mean super. 87 Merit badges, career scout camp staffer, 7 years of counseling for the Environmental Science Merit Badge and in as deep as possible with the order of the arrow. He's a cool guy. Coincidentally half of his assigned ward's scout troop are non-members.  I smell a missionary opportunity.

On Saturday a Sister got baptized in our Ward that has been waiting for her parents to consent to her baptism for 3 years. It was a cool miracle to take part in, even though my part was little.

Elder Mackintosh will hopefully go to BYU Hawaii. He had been accepted to BYU Hawaii before his mission and had deferred. Unfortunately BYU Hawaii has no record of his having been accepted so his Mom is trying to get that figured out for him. If worst comes to worst he will go to UVU for a semester then transfer. I love Elder Mackintosh. His family seems awesome.

In other past companion news my trainer, Mike Buckley, is engaged. He's supposed to be getting sealed on May 26, but, due to some interesting, non-sinful on their part, complications they may be moving it back a little bit.

Love You family! Thanks for the update! I'm happy to hear you've had a great week!

Con Amor,
Elder Sam McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment