Share Your News and Photos with Elder McBride at: Samuel.McBride@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 6, 2016 Great Week!

Hey Family! We had a great week this week! Last week we amped up our English Class advertising, and it's really paying off. We went from 5-8 people at class a day to around 25. It's super sweet. We also changed up how we teach the class to make it more fun and entertaining. It mostly involves making jokes me being a dork in front of the class for an hour. After class on Wednesday a man came up and asked me "When can you come and talk with me about the bible". English class is super sweet, it's so much fun.

On Friday we had an awesome MLC, we learned about the atonement and being hopeful. Also President set a new baptismal goal which is super exciting. After the meeting closed President beelined at me, shook my hand and whispered to me motioning to the back of the room "Keep it low key, Jake wants to say hi to you." I knew who he was talking about because he sent me a selfie the night before with Jake, but it was still a huge surprise. That kid has gotten so tall! We chatted with Ick and Jake for a bit and then got out of there.

The rest of the week has been pretty awesome. Sunday went great, I "played" the piano for the 2nd time in Sacrament Meeting, the Portuguese Elders had an awesome investigator appear out of thin air, and we taught a great Gospel Principles class. On Monday we had Zone Meeting, it went really well. And yesterday we advertised even more for English Class. It was great week.

Have a great time at the beach! I Love You!

Con Amor,
Elder Sam McBride


Zone Picture after this most recent Zone Meeting

Elder Buckley, Elder Mackintosh & I at MLC a week and a half before Elder Buckley goes home. (With a sweet Photo-Bomb from Elder Burt, a south Manhattan zone leader who was a district leader here last transfer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment