Share Your News and Photos with Elder McBride at: Samuel.McBride@myldsmail.net

Thursday, May 21, 2015

May 21, 2015 First Letter from the MTC!!!

Whats up family? 

I was so bummed when I found out my P-Day was Thursday because I knew I would have to wait a week to email you guys. But other than that the weeks been pretty good. I don't have a ton of time because you only get an Hr and that includes the mandatory email to your branch president (basically like your mtc MP) but I'll try to answer all your Q's. I was really sad because I wasn't sure if you saw me wave good bye but I knew Grandma saw because she waved back. The first day was nuts because they tell you so little info but you have to do so much. 
My companion is Elder Porter from Indiana. He's 20 and went to BYU for a year then worked for a year leading up to his mission. He's already pretty good at spanish because he took 4 years of Spanish in high school and both of his parents went to Spanish speaking missions he's going to L.A. We were supposed to be a trio but our 3rd companion got sent to the Guatemalan MTC last minute.  We didnt know until we went to the front desk to see where he was until after dinner.  We got really lucky and got a whole 6 person room all to ourselves because its still really slow here at the MTC because the high school rush hasn't started yet. So our zone has 9 elders and 24 beds haha. 

There's 1 more companionship in our district They are Elder Canlass and Elder Jenks They're both going to Raleigh N.C. Canlass is from Long Beach Cali but he was born in the Philippines and moved to the U.S. when he was 8 but you would never know unless he told you.  Elder Jenks is from Utah and is a complete goofball. He has an entire notebook he has devoted to writing down the most random Spanish words he can find. They have their own room too which is kind of weird because we could have shared a room even if we had a trio.  I'm not complaining though.  I like having 3 closets. We have a pretty sweet district.  We're all trying really hard to learn Spanish. We have 5 Hermanas in our District.  2 of them are a little older and are both going to Nicaragua.  One of them has a specialty assignment because she's a certified nurse. Then we have a trio of 19 yr old hermanas, 1 going to Washington St. 1 going to LA with my companion, and I can't remember where the last 1 is going. 
I took some pictures but the computer i'm using isnt letting me do anything but email. I promise next week I'll send you a bunch of pics.

Learning a language is tough because we learn the language and regular missionary stuff at the same time so it feels like it would be so easy in English.

I dont really need too much right now but my wallet that I've been using for 2 years and has never shown any signs of wear did rip on Friday but I won't really need another one until I leave so don't sweat getting a new one to me right away. 

I Love you, Mom   Tell Cole and Ike I love them too.

Love,
Elder McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment